Create Without Limits!
Once again, Pixologic changes the way artists create by introducing a brand new suite of sculpting features and expanding the power of the existing ZBrush toolset.
Explore shape creation with Shadow Box, refine hard surface edges with the Clip Brush, manage complex multi-part models with SubTools, remesh and reproject to create any topology you need, use the MatchMaker brush to fit parts together perfectly.… the possibilities are endless!
Combine hard surface and organic modeling tools or techniques to create fantastic creatures, superheroes, vehicles, environments and more! Paint your models with the intuitive PolyPainting brushes or use SpotLight to edit and project source images directly onto the surface!
- Topology Brush functionality has been greatly improved thanks to the Dynamic brush mode.
- Toggle between the Selection type brushes by tapping the Ctrl key in order to more easily switch between these brushes.
- The TransPose line can now be instantly aligned with the canvas, rotating the model to that angle without spinning it.
- Convert inserted meshes to a separate SubTool via the new SubTool >> Split UnMasked Points feature. For example, IMM brush insertions can be separated from the support mesh.
- The Size/Scale of the current SubTool can be set in the Tool >> Geometry sub-palette. Unlike with Deformations, these sliders will retain their values and always operate relative to the original scale of the model.
- MicroMesh has a new option to align vertices, allowing all inserted meshes to face the same direction.
- Tool >> Geometry >> Delete by Symmetry is the opposite of the Mirror and Weld function. It deletes half of your object, based on the designated axial working planes.
- Additions have been made to the PolyGroups features. Merge Stray Groups removes isolated PolyGroups composed of few polygons. Groups by Normal can create PolyGroups based on surface angles. You can also crease and uncrease by PolyGroups.
- Mouse Wheel Support: Assign the mouse wheel to any slider in the same way that you would assign a hot key.
Finally, render your work in ZBrush as an amazing still image or animated turntable using Best Preview Render(BPR). BPR will render the model with shadows, ambient occlusion, subsurface scattering and fibers.
ZBrush will stretch your imagination beyond what you ever thought was possible. The flexible toolset is designed to fit your needs and the way you work.
- Save all loaded tools, document size, light, material, timeline and render settings in one click.
- ZBrush 5 even includes sample projects to help you discover new features.
Best Preview Render
- Renders Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, Fibers, SSS and Transparency with advanced anti-aliasing.
- Multi-pass rendering with Shadow, Colour, Ambient Occlusion, Mask and Depth as separate maps.
Render for still images or animations.
- Timeline for more than just simple turntables and animations.
- Keyframe management: copy, move, etc.
- Audio support with colour beats for manual animation synchronization.
- Fade in/out and cut keyframes for nice transitions.
- Ease in/out keyframes.
- MDD animation file format support for exporting and importing animation.
- Animation-capable layers, Tools, ZSpheres, background and more.
- Shadow Box for free-form creation.
- Move Elastic Brush to create stretch-free extrusions.
- Reproject improved for more finely tuned control of the results.
- Mannequin for quick scene setup.
TransPose units to help you in proportions and sizes.
- Clip brushes for slicing your models.
- By Radius and By Polygroups modes for the Clip brushes.
- Shadow Box to create original sculpting bases, combined with radial symmetry.
New Strokes: Circle, Square, Curves.
- MatchMaker, the perfect brush to deform your mesh to conform to other 3Dmodels.
- Deco brushes, turn, spin - perfect for creative patterns!
- Clay Buildup will be your new Clay brush for the rough sculpting.
Move Elastic, Move Topo, Move Parts: Stretch and deform with no constraints.
- Roll mode improved with the Roll distance.
- New lasso/marquee selection mode, circle by center, perfect circle, curve for masking and hiding.
Marquee, Lasso and Circle strokes working with symmetry for hiding, masking and slicing.
3D Painting and Materials
- PolyPaint Layers for more freedom in 3D painting.
- SpotLight to edit textures on the fly and then use them to paint by projection.
- Gradient transparency for anti-aliased transparency in PolyPainting.
- New shaders: Fast Overlay and Fresnel Overlay for more effects in your materials.
- New Fresnel and SSS settings for more realistic materials!
- New Blinn Specular added to the default shader for a better skin specular effect.
Large number of blending modes between materials: Add, Subtract, difference, darken, etc.
In this video by Pixologic, the Z Spheres modelling tool is demonstrated: